I have included some links for information and resources for World Suicide Prevention Day. A big question is what can you do to make a difference? Many people fear if they bring up the topic of suicide with someone they are concerned about, and encourage them to seek help, it will make things worse. On the contrary, it is proven that your concern shows that person someone cares about them and is often helpful in preventing suicide.
• 90 percent of people who die by suicide have a diagnosable and treatable psychiatric disorder at the time of their death
• More than one in three people who die from suicide are intoxicated
• Among youth aged 15 to 24 suicide is the third leading cause of death.
• People above the age of 65 are at the greatest risk for death by suicide.
• While women are more likely to attempt suicide, men are approximately 4 times more likely to die by suicide
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)Please take the time to look over the information either for yourself or for someone you care about if there are any concerns of suicidal thoughts. Help is ALWAYS available - You are not alone in this.Life happens – choose 2bepositive™xo -kl